Game Scrap Galaxy
Developer Catalope Games AB
Release date 1st December 2017
Genre Local Multiplayer, Party Game
Platform Windows on PC
Request keys (Youtube, Twitch, etc) Keymailer
jesper [at] catalopegames [dot] com
Catalope Games Social Media
Presskit Download (2017-12-16)
Scrap Galaxy is a local build-and-destroy deathmatch game for up to 4 players. It is a 2D top-down shooter taking place out in space in a galactic junkyard. In this setting, the players are trying to survive by constructing space ships.
The game is round-based and each round is divided up into two phases: build phase and battle phase. During the build phase, each player gets a number of components and has to assemble a spaceship from them within a certain time limit. During the battle phase, the players pilot the ships. They battle against the other or team up against the garbage drones living in the junkyard.
The randomness and unpredictable nature of the game makes every round into a new challenge, because you always have a new ship to battle with, raising the stakes and making the game quite addictive.
- Creativity under time pressure mixed with action-packed spaceship battles.
- Deathmatch until only one player remains. A new ship is constructed each round.
- Scrap King is like Deathmatch but the winner keeps their ship and can continue to build on it.
- Co-op allows the players to fight together against garbage drones. The players continues to build on their ships after each wave of enemies.
- Gamepads are highly recommended for singleplayer and multiplayer.
- Bots fill lasts slots if you are less than 4 people playing.
- Original soundtrack made by Connor O.R.T. Linning.
- Jesper Tingvall, Catalope Games AB, Developer & game designer from Sweden
- Connor O.R.T. Linning, Freelancer, Music from Canada
- Markku Kankaanniemi, Freelancer, Art from Finland
- Linus Asplund, Freelancer, Logo from Sweden
- Frej Rokka, Freelancer, Art from Sweden
- Rasmus Jensen, Spearhead Nordic, Marketing from Denmark
- Blank, Freelancer, Art from USA
Scrap Galaxy have been showcased at the following public events.
- LiU Game Conference 2017, Linköping
- Sweden Game Conference 2017, Skövde
- NärCon Winter 2017, Linköping
- NärCon Summer 2017, Linköping
- East Sweden Game Grand Opening 2017, Linköping
- NärCon Winter 2016, Linköping
- LiU Game Conference 2016, Linköping
- Sweden Game Conference and Festival, 2016, 20 – 23 October 2016, Skövde
- Open Demo Night, 8th September 2016, Linköping
- Närcon Summer 2016, Linköping
- Nordic Game 2016, Malmö
- MTD-pub, 10th March 2016, Norrköping
- Närcon Winter 2015, Linköping
- LiU Game Award 2015, Norrköping
- Närcon Summer 2015, Linköping
- Liu Game Award 2014, Norrköping
- Närcon Summer 2014, Linköping
Awards and nominations
- Selected for IndieCator at Sweden Game Conference 2016
- Finalists for Nordic Game Discovery Contest at Sweden Game Conference 2016
- 1st place LiU Game Award 2014
- 26 November 2017: “Ju mer spelet får dig att känna, desto mera blir du bunden”, 24Corren.
- 26 November 2017: Datorspel kan ta honom till stjärnorna, Affärsliv
- 26 November 2017: Scrap Galaxy gets Trailer Ahead of Release, GameGrin
- 22 November 2017: What makes a good party game? The guys behind Scrap Galaxy knows! IGDB.com
- 19 November 2017: Scrap Galaxy Impression, GameGrin
- 8 November 2017: Spel och forskning under samma tak, Linköpings-Posten
- November 2017: Det närodlade spelet Scrap Galaxy släpps på TellUs, TellUs 2017 bok & berättarmässa
- 30 September 2017: Här Skapas Framtidens dataspel, Dialog Linköping
- 24 October 2016: Sammanfattning av helgens Sweden Game Conference, Eurogamer.se
- 22 October 2016: Speltest lockar på festival, Skövde Nyheter
- 18 October 2016: NGDC finalists at Sweden Game Conference announced, Nordic Game
- 17 October 2016: Scrap Galaxy releases new gameplay trailer, Nordic Game
- Nobember 2015: LiU Game Awards – Tar dig till nästa level, Affärsstaden
- 24 February 2015: February: LiU Game Awards <3 NärCon = Sant, LiU Innovation
- 7 November 2014, Vecka45: Sweden’s most innovative week, The Local
- 6 November 2014, LiU Game Awards 2014 – Winners, The Square